Python Software Engineer
Who are we?
We provide an intuitive simple-to-use solution for both data feed management and PPC which enables online retailers, brands, and agencies to sell and advertise globally. Today, 6000+ global customers continue to boost their business to the next level using Channable’s solution.
In 7 years the Dutch startup has rapidly grown into a company with an international team of over 150 young professionals. We are the market leader in Benelux and are now conquering the rest of the world, with teams for the US, DACH, Nordics, UK, Iberia, France, and Italy, based in our office in Utrecht. While we still have a scale-up vibe, working at Channable also means being part of a professional company with a highly skilled development team.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join our development team!
What will your role be?
In this position, you will be part of our diverse product team, that works on our main web application. The Product team is mainly responsible for our Python3 backend, which powers our API and serves as the main entry point for our services. You will be working on our API integrations, ads services, our export channels, new user-facing features, and our background jobs through which we process hundreds of millions of products per day. The Product team is working closely together with our Infrastructure and DevOps teams, which are developing many other services that power Channable under the hood, and all together we build our powerful tool!
More specifically you will:
- Contribute to our Python components and support new API’s
- Design, develop, and test new product features
- Collaborate with and review PRs of other team members
- Improve the reliability and robustness of our application
- Work on scalability and performance improvements
- Work together with the sales and support teams on requirements and issues
- Collaborate with the Integrations department about technical matters
We use the following technologies and tools:
- Languages: Python, SQL
- Libraries: Flask, SQLAlchemy, Click, requests, async, logging
- Tools: Postgres, Redis, GCS, Alembic, mypy, pip, Sentry, Icepeak
Want to read more about our development adventures? Then visit our inspiring tech blog: https://tech.channable.com/
And if this made you enthusiastic, you can also take a look at some of our open-source work at https://github.com/channable to get a feeling of how we work together and what our code looks like.
Who are we looking for?
You are an enthusiastic developer and a critical thinker. At Channable we help each other to become better as a team. That's something you believe in as well. Besides the skills you currently have, an eager-to-learn mindset is just as important.
Additionally, you have:
- At least 2 years experience developing applications in Python
- Experience with web APIs and related technologies
- Good understanding of HTTP, TLS/SSL and TCP/IP
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Good working knowledge of Linux, git and the command-line
- High engineering standards
And then there are some things that are ‘nice to have’:
- Experience in tuning and scaling a big application
- Familiarity with functional programming and its concepts
- Having worked with distributed systems before
- DevOps mentality
- EU citizenship or a work permit, preferably already living in The Netherlands
- Available for at least 4 days a week, preferably full-time
What do we offer?
- Salary of 3400-5700 euros per month based on your experience
- Career structure with clearly defined levels and steps
- Challenging full-time function with space for personal initiative
- An interesting job within a talented development team, with different levels of experience
- Excellent training and onboarding to get to know the tool, our processes, and your colleagues. After that, you’ll get the trust and responsibility to show what you got. Your buddy will support you throughout the whole onboarding
- Working for a fast-growing company with a young and ambitious team
- Awesome and brand new office in the city center of Utrecht and activities like hackathons and sports groups
"Everyone is allowed to grow at their own pace and in whatever aspects their interests lie. In my own case, after only half a year at Channable, I was given the opportunity to take ownership of a new project I showed interest in. As an employee, I feel cared for, and during these hard Corona times, knowing Channable has my back is very important for me."
- Miquel, Python Software Engineer at Channable.
Do you have any questions about this vacancy? Please contact Khushboo (email@example.com). Are you interested? Please apply by clicking on the "apply now" button below.
Contact by job agencies and recruiters will not be appreciated. Each recruiter or headhunter who approaches us agrees with a donation of € 250,- for Make-A-Wish.