Python Software Engineer
Walk to the top floor of our office in the center of Utrecht twice a week (or more), log in 💻 and be ready to take ownership of your work. You will sit next to like-minded tech-savvy Channapeople, who are as excited as you are to continue building Channable’s success as one of the best SaaS companies of 2022 🎉. We have a strong engineering culture that focuses on correcting, maintaining, and building the reliability of our code. Are you ready to be part of our international team? 🌍
In this position, you will be part of our diverse product team, that works on our main web application. The Product team is mainly responsible for our Python3 backend, which powers our API and serves as the main entry point for our services. You will be working on our API integrations, ads services, our export channels, new user-facing features, and our background jobs through which we process hundreds of millions of products per day. The Product team is working closely together with our Infrastructure and DevOps teams, which are developing many other services that power Channable under the hood, and all together we build our powerful tool!
- Contribute to our Python components and support new API’s
- Design, develop, and test new product features
- Collaborate with and review PRs of other team members
- Improve the reliability and robustness of our application
- Work on scalability and performance improvements
- Work together with the sales and support teams on requirements and issues
- Collaborate with the Integrations department about technical matters
We use the following technologies and tools:
- Languages: Python, SQL
- Libraries: Flask, SQLAlchemy, Click, requests, async, logging
- Tools: Postgres, Redis, GCS, Alembic, mypy, pip, Sentry, Icepeak
Want to read more about our development adventures? Then visit our inspiring tech blog: https://tech.channable.com/
And if this made you enthusiastic, you can also take a look at some of our open-source work at https://github.com/channable to get a feeling of how we work together and what our code looks like.
Who are you?
You are an enthusiastic developer and a critical thinker. At Channable we help each other to become better as a team. That's something you believe in as well. Besides the skills you currently have, an eager-to-learn mindset is just as important.
Additionally, you have:
- At least 2 years experience developing applications in Python
- Experience with web APIs and related technologies
- Good understanding of HTTP, TLS/SSL and TCP/IP
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Good working knowledge of Linux, git and the command-line
- High engineering standards
- EU citizenship or a work permit, preferably already living in The Netherlands
- Available for at least 4 days a week, preferably full-time
And then there are some things that are ‘nice to have’:
- Experience in tuning and scaling a big application
- Familiarity with functional programming and its concepts
- Having worked with distributed systems before
- DevOps mentality
Who are we?
Channable was founded 8 years ago in the heart of Utrecht. We are now a strong team of 200+ diverse individuals, and more than 35 nationalities
Joining Channable means you’re looking for a bit more than just a job. Diverse as we are, we all share our love for growth, to help, to take ownership, and create an awesome journey together. Feel free to take a further look at who we are here and on our Instagram, Facebook or Linkedin!
We have a number of services written in Python and in Haskell. Each service exposes a REST API and our services are composed together in a service-oriented architecture in which we can continuously improve each service. Have you already read our tech blog?
We employ a continuous integration pipeline that allows us to quickly and safely deploy features, updates and fixes several times per day. Our infrastructure is running on Google Compute Engine and we strive to automate each part of the software development process as much as possible.
What do we do?
Channable is a fast-growing B2B SaaS platform that offers a fully integrated way to market your products online. We empower marketers and online businesses to manage, scale, and optimize their marketing.
What do we offer?
- Gross salary of 3.400-5.200 euros per month based on your experience (based on 40 h/w)
- A 1.000 euros,- annual Individual L&D budget 📚
- Stock Appreciation Rights: eligible employees can get financial profit from Channable success 📈
- Saving for old age - yes, we provide you 5% of your monthly base salary 👵👴
- Company-wide bonus 💰
- Once every 2 months, you can use your creativity during our internal Hackathon day 👨💻
- 26 vacation days + 2 reload days 🍭 based on 40 hours, and on top of this; you are allowed to go for a 3-week-long workcation🍹and an extra 3 weeks if you're an expat living in the Netherlands!
- To work in a beautiful historic and fully renovated office in the heart of Utrecht & with a flexible hybrid working policy of ( minimum 2 days in the office).
- Since you can work from home for 3 days a week, we will provide home office supplies🖥️
- Having flexible working hours means starting your day between 8.00 - 10.00 am
- We want you to be fit - please feel free to use our discounted OneFit subscription.You also have free & anonymous access to the OpenUp platform and psychologists ☮️👟
- Traveling to our office? No problem, we got you covered🚆
- Channaweekend (yes, we go abroad in 2023 for a long weekend with all the colleagues from all over the world)
- Additional working conditions like great lunch, massages, in-office bar (Channabar), parties, yoga lessons, sports teams, video games, and many more!
"Everyone is allowed to grow at their own pace and in whatever aspects their interests lie. In my own case, after only half a year at Channable, I was given the opportunity to take ownership of a new project I showed interest in. As an employee, I feel cared for, and knowing Channable has my back is very important for me."
- Miquel, Python Software Engineer at Channable.
How can you introduce yourself to us?
Are you interested? Please apply by clicking on the "apply now" button below. Please send your application in English. If it's a match, Giordano will get in touch with you for an introduction call. After that, you'll be invited for interviews. We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible!
Contact by job agencies and recruiters will not be appreciated. Each recruiter or headhunter who approaches us agrees with a donation of €250 for Make-A-Wish.
At Channable, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration and we believe in diverse and inclusive teams.