Python Software Engineer
Walk to the top floor of our office in the center of Utrecht twice a week (or more), log in 💻 and be ready to take ownership of your work. You will sit next to like-minded tech-savvy Channapeople, who are as excited as you are to continue building Channable’s success as one of the best SaaS companies of 2022 🎉. We have a strong engineering culture that focuses on correcting, maintaining, and building the reliability of our code. Are you ready to be part of our international team? 🌍
In this position, you will be part of our diverse product team, that works on our main web application. The Product team is mainly responsible for our Python3 backend, which powers our API and serves as the main entry point for our services. You will be working on our API integrations, ads services, our export channels, new user-facing features, and our background jobs through which we process hundreds of millions of products per day. The Product team is working closely together with our Infrastructure and DevOps teams, which are developing many other services that power Channable under the hood, and all together we build our powerful tool!
- Contribute to our Python components and support new API’s
- Design, develop, and test new product features
- Collaborate with and review PRs of other team members
- Improve the reliability and robustness of our application
- Work on scalability and performance improvements
- Work together with the sales and support teams on requirements and issues
- Collaborate with the Integrations department about technical matters
We use the following technologies and tools:
- Languages: Python, SQL
- Libraries: Flask, SQLAlchemy, Click, requests, async, logging
- Tools: Postgres, Redis, GCS, Alembic, mypy, pip, Sentry, Icepeak
Want to read more about our development adventures? Then visit our inspiring tech blog: https://tech.channable.com/
And if this made you enthusiastic, you can also take a look at some of our open-source work at https://github.com/channable to get a feeling of how we work together and what our code looks like.
Who are you?
You are an enthusiastic developer and a critical thinker. At Channable we help each other to become better as a team. That's something you believe in as well. Besides the skills you currently have, an eager-to-learn mindset is just as important.
Additionally, you have:
- At least 2 years experience developing applications in Python
- Experience with web APIs and related technologies
- Good understanding of HTTP, TLS/SSL and TCP/IP
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Good working knowledge of Linux, git and the command-line
- High engineering standards
- EU citizenship or a work permit, preferably already living in The Netherlands
- Available for at least 4 days a week, preferably full-time
And then there are some things that are ‘nice to have’:
- Experience in tuning and scaling a big application
- Familiarity with functional programming and its concepts
- Having worked with distributed systems before
- DevOps mentality
Who are we?
Channable was founded 8 years ago in the heart of Utrecht. We are now a strong team of 200+ diverse individuals, more than 30 nationalities, a brand new HQ in Utrecht, serving customers all over the globe, and operating from other offices including New York, Spain and Germany.
Joining Channable means you’re looking for a bit more than just a job. We like spending time with each other. Be that in the office, our Channabar, or in one of our internal chats. We’re open minded and down-to-earth people. We’re super proud that everyone adds their own special spice to Channable’s culture. Diverse as we are, we all share our love for growth, to help, to take ownership, and create an awesome journey together. Feel free to take a further look at who we are here and on our Instagram, Facebook or Linkedin!
We have a number of services written in Python and in Haskell. Each service exposes a REST API and our services are composed together in a service-oriented architecture in which we can continuously improve each service. Have you already read our tech blog?
We employ a continuous integration pipeline that allows us to quickly and safely deploy features, updates and fixes several times per day. Our infrastructure is running on Google Compute Engine and we strive to automate each part of the software development process as much as possible.
What do we do?
Channable is a fast-growing B2B SaaS platform that offers a fully integrated way to market your products online. We empower marketers and online businesses to manage, scale, and optimize their marketing.
What do we offer?
- Salary of 3400-5700 euros per month based on your experience
- Career structure with clearly defined levels and steps
- Challenging full-time function with space for personal initiative
- An interesting job within a talented development team, with different levels of experience
- Excellent training and onboarding to get to know the tool, our processes, and your colleagues. After that, you’ll get the trust and responsibility to show what you got. Your buddy will support you throughout the whole onboarding
- Working for a fast-growing company with a young and ambitious team
- Awesome office in the city center of Utrecht and activities like hackathons and sports groups
- Work for a supportive company of +210 international employees! 🙌 🧑🤝🧑We have an open culture and 'flat' organization where everyone genuinely enjoys helping each other 🤗🎉
- The freedom to tailor make your own responsibilities and working schedule 💥
- The space to come up with your own ideas and implement them 💜🌟
- Since you can work from home for 3 days a week, we will provide home office supplies🖥️⌨️
- 26 vacation days 🌞 + 2 reload days 🍭 based on 40 hours, and on top of this; you are allowed to go for a 3-week-long workcation🍹
- Company-wide bonus 💰
- Having flexible working hours means starting your day between 8.00 - 10.00 am🕰️
- A 1.000 euros,- annual Individual L&D budget
- Free access to an online platform for mental health (OpenUp)
- Channaweekend (yes, we go abroad in 2023 for a long weekend with all the colleagues from all over the world 💜🔥)
"Everyone is allowed to grow at their own pace and in whatever aspects their interests lie. In my own case, after only half a year at Channable, I was given the opportunity to take ownership of a new project I showed interest in. As an employee, I feel cared for, and during these hard Corona times, knowing Channable has my back is very important for me."
- Miquel, Python Software Engineer at Channable.
How can you introduce yourself to us?
Are you interested? Please apply by clicking on the "apply now" button below. Please send your application in English. If it's a match, Giordano will get in touch with you for an introduction call. After that, you'll be invited for interviews. We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible!
Contact by job agencies and recruiters will not be appreciated. Each recruiter or headhunter who approaches us agrees with a donation of €250 for Make-A-Wish. By messaging us you have agreed to a donation of 250 euros to Make-A-Wish. Of course they will be happy with your donation! Could you please send me a confirmation of your donation so we can arrange it?