Walk to the top floor of our office in the center of Utrecht twice a week (or more), log in 💻 and be ready to take ownership of your work. You will sit next to like-minded tech-savvy Channapeople, who are as excited as you are to continue building Channable’s success as one of the best SaaS companies of 2022 🎉. We have a strong engineering culture that focuses on correcting, maintaining, and building the reliability of our code. Are you ready to be part of our international team? 🌍
As a front-end developer at Channable you will be responsible for building an intuitive application that our customers use to automate their digital marketing. You will be prototyping new features based on customer feedback and making decisions to improve how our customers are guided through our tool. After a feature is implemented you will also be rolling out the feature together with other members of the product team, landing new functionalities in the hands of our customers. We are forming a new team to develop and maintain an image editor from scratch and you would be a part of this new team!
- Translate functional requirements into stable and reusable components
- Write scalable, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
- Turn wireframes into functional UI while adhering to an existing design system
- Have an established and communicable grasp of design and UX principles
- Collaborate with and review code of fellow engineers
Our tech stack:
- Frontend: typescript, react, react-query, react-hook-form, css-in-js, jest, msw.js, rest, webpack, babel, eslint
- Other: haskell, python, postgresql, redis, ansible, terraform, prometheus, semaphore, nix, google cloud platform
Who are you?
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing frontend applications using React
- Recent experience with Typescript
- Experience with unit tests in a React environment using Jest
- Good understanding of REST APIs
- Keen on being the best in your field and want to help Channable in its continuous growth
- Great sense of empathy that allows you to make user-centric decision
- Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership of your work
- Care about the developer experience as much as the user experience
- Enjoy experimenting with and applying new technologies
- Creative and endlessly curious
- You are available for at least 32 hours a week, preferably 40
- You have a EU citizenship or a valid permit to work in the Netherlands.
Who are we?
Channable was founded 8 years ago in the heart of Utrecht. We are now a strong team of 200+ diverse individuals, and more than 35 nationalities
Joining Channable means you’re looking for a bit more than just a job. Diverse as we are, we all share our love for growth, to help, to take ownership, and create an awesome journey together. Feel free to take a further look at who we are here and on our Instagram, Facebook or Linkedin!
We have a number of services written in Python and in Haskell. Each service exposes a REST API and our services are composed together in a service-oriented architecture in which we can continuously improve each service. Have you already read our tech blog?
We employ a continuous integration pipeline that allows us to quickly and safely deploy features, updates and fixes several times per day. Our infrastructure is running on Google Compute Engine and we strive to automate each part of the software development process as much as possible.
What do we offer?
- Gross salary of 3.700 - 5.200 euros per month based on your experience (based on 40 h/w)
- A 1.000 euros,- annual Individual L&D budget 📚
- Stock Appreciation Rights: eligible employees can get financial profit from Channable success 📈
- Saving for old age - yes, we provide you 5% of your monthly base salary 👵👴
- Company-wide bonus 💰
- Once every 2 months, you can use your creativity during our internal Hackathon day 👨💻
- 26 vacation days + 2 reload days 🍭 based on 40 hours, and on top of this; you are allowed to go for a 3-week-long workcation🍹and an extra 3 weeks if you're an expat living in the Netherlands!
- To work in a beautiful historic and fully renovated office in the heart of Utrecht & with a flexible hybrid working policy of ( minimum 2 days in the office).
- Since you can work from home for 3 days a week, we will provide home office supplies🖥️
- Having flexible working hours means starting your day between 8.00 - 10.00 am
- We want you to be fit - please feel free to use our discounted OneFit subscription.You also have free & anonymous access to the OpenUp platform and psychologists ☮️👟
- Traveling to our office? No problem, we got you covered🚆
- Channaweekend (yes, we go abroad in 2023 for a long weekend with all the colleagues from all over the world)
- Additional working conditions like great lunch, massages, in-office bar (Channabar), parties, yoga lessons, sports teams, video games, and many more!
How can you introduce yourself to us?
Are you interested? Please apply by clicking on the "apply now" button below. Please send your application in English. If it's a match, Giordano will get in touch with you for an introduction call. After that, you'll be invited for interviews. We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible!
Contact by job agencies and recruiters will not be appreciated. Each recruiter or headhunter who approaches us agrees with a donation of € 250,- for Make-A-Wish.
At Channable, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration and we believe in diverse and inclusive teams.