Walk to the top floor of our office in the center of Utrecht twice a week (or more), log in 💻 and be ready to take ownership of your work. You will sit next to like-minded tech-savvy Channapeople, who are as excited as you are to continue building Channable’s success as one of the best SaaS companies of 2022 🎉. We have a strong engineering culture that focuses on correcting, maintaining, and building the reliability of our code. Are you ready to be part of our international team? 🌍
You will be contributing to the improvement and scaling of our server infrastructure and the smooth operation of our tool. You will also help us improve and fine-tune our processes from provisioning, building and deploying, to monitoring and alerting. You are expected to find the right tool for the different processes, or to write a custom one if it doesn’t exist yet. We are looking for someone who can be proactive, autonomous, and keen to be a part of our DevOps team.
Summarized, your tasks will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Managing our infrastructure as code (that can be reviewed and version-controlled)
- Automating building, testing, provisioning, and deploying of our services
- Hardening and securing our internal and external systems (and reviewing bug bounty submissions)
- Improving and maintaining our monitoring and alerting systems
- Developing new tools that help us improve and run our infrastructure
If you want to read more about our development adventures, check out our tech blog: https://tech.channable.com/
You can also take a look at some of our open-source work at https://github.com/channable to get a feeling of how we work together and what our code looks like.
Ideally, you have extensive experience in operations and in keeping a complex distributed application running and secure at all times. You should be interested in declarative infrastructure, reproducible builds, continuous integration and delivery, dynamic resource scaling, security best practices, and general robustness of a distributed system. In more concrete terms, we expect you to have the following:
- Committed to high engineering
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tooling, such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Good understanding of networking concepts and protocols (SSH, DNS, SSL/TLS, HTTP, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of Linux and system administration tools such as e.g. systems, apt, dig, and bash
- Familiar with build tools such as Nix, make, stack, or webpack.
- Security-awareness and familiarity with concepts like defense-in-depth and the principle of least privilege
- Solid programming skills (preferably in Python)
- EU citizenship or a work permit, preferably already living in The Netherlands
- Available for at least 4 days a week, preferably full-time
And then there are some things that are ‘nice to have’:
- Experience in managing infrastructure with either GCE, AWS, or Azure
- Knowledge of Hashicorp tools, i.e. Consul, Vault, and Terraform
- Having used a functional programming language like Haskell or Scala before
- Experience using the Nix package manager
- Hands-on experience with distributed systems
Candidates of all levels are encouraged to apply. Our preference is to hire a candidate with at least a few years of experience, but we’re also open to applications from recent graduates.
Who are we?
Channable was founded 8 years ago in the heart of Utrecht. We are now a strong team of 200+ diverse individuals, more than 30 nationalities, a brand new HQ in Utrecht, serving customers all over the globe, and operating from other offices including New York, Spain and Germany.
Joining Channable means you’re looking for a bit more than just a job. We like spending time with each other. Be that in the office, our Channabar, or in one of our internal chats. We’re open minded and down-to-earth people. We’re super proud that everyone adds their own special spice to Channable’s culture. Diverse as we are, we all share our love for growth, to help, to take ownership, and create an awesome journey together. Feel free to take a further look at who we are here and on our Instagram, Facebook or Linkedin!
We have a number of services written in Python and in Haskell. Each service exposes a REST API and our services are composed together in a service-oriented architecture in which we can continuously improve each service. Have you already read our tech blog?
We employ a continuous integration pipeline that allows us to quickly and safely deploy features, updates and fixes several times per day. Our infrastructure is running on Google Compute Engine and we strive to automate each part of the software development process as much as possible.
What do we offer?
- Salary of 3300 - 6800 euros based on your experience
- Career structure with clearly defined levels and step
- Challenging full-time function with space for personal initiative
- An interesting job within a talented development team, with different levels of experience
- Working for a fast-growing company with a young and ambitious team
- Work for a supportive company of +210 international employees! 🙌 🧑🤝🧑We have an open culture and 'flat' organization where everyone genuinely enjoys helping each other 🤗
- The freedom to tailor make your own responsibilities and working schedule
- The space to come up with your own ideas and implement them 💜
- To work in a beautiful historic and fully renovated office in the heart of Utrecht 🏡 & with a flexible hybrid working policy of ( minimum 2 days in the office).
- Since you can work from home for 3 days a week, we will provide home office supplies🖥️
- 26 vacation days 🌞 + 2 reload days 🍭 based on 40 hours, and on top of this; you are allowed to go for a 3-week-long workcation
- Company-wide bonus
- Having flexible working hours means starting your day between 8.00 - 10.00 am
- We want you to be fit - please feel free to use our discounted OneFit subscription.👟🚴You also have free & anonymous access to the OpenUp platform and psychologists
- Traveling to our office? No problem, we got you covered
- Saving for old age - yes, we provide you 5% of your monthly base salary 👵
- A 1.000 euros,- annual Individual L&D budget
- Channaweekend (yes, we go abroad in 2023 for a long weekend with all the colleagues from all over the world 💜🔥
- Additional working conditions like great lunch, massages, in-office bar (Channabar), parties, yoga lessons, sports teams, video games, and many more! 💕👌
"What’s great about DevOps at Channable is the innovation and the culture. You get to work with cool new technologies and find solutions to new challenges. It’s a quickly growing company, where engineering and people are central. Everything you hear about the great culture is true: the colleagues are super helpful, you learn quickly and the parties are great fun."
- Tijmen de Jong, DevOps Engineer
How can you introduce yourself to us?
Are you interested? Please apply by clicking on the "apply now" button below. Please send your application in English. If it's a match, Giordano will get in touch with you for an introduction call. After that, you'll be invited for interviews. We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible!Contact by job agencies and recruiters will not be appreciated. Each recruiter or headhunter who approaches us agrees with a donation of € 250,- for Make-A-Wish.
Contact by job agencies and recruiters will not be appreciated. Each recruiter or headhunter who approaches us agrees with a donation of € 250,- for Make-A-Wish.